Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Linux System Administrator
San Antonio, TexasJob ID CS20231703-98498
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Linux System Administrator
Job Location: USA-TX-San Antonio
Job Schedule: Monday- Friday 8 Hour Shifts
L3Harris is currently searching for a Linux System Administrator for our San Antonio, TX site. The Linux System Administrator requires an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility. They will have a strong background in the management and maintenance in Red Hat derivative Linux systems, and enthusiasm to work with non-standard systems. They will maintain Network Operation Centers’ Linux Servers and Virtual Server environment per DoD Netops governance and procedures. The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for the collaboration of planning and engineering of the Operation Centers’ Linux servers and virtual environment infrastructure. Their duty will also include the implementation and design of hardware and software and monitoring the performance of systems. They will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of managing servers and virtual environments. The Linux System Administrator will have the ability to perform tasks under minimal supervision. They must have a certain degree of creativity and being able to work independently is required. The Linux System Administrator will report to the site lead and operations manager.
- Provide Linux support services for a Department of Defense (DoD) high priority network, exercising discretion and independent judgement when events or incidents occur to ensure corrective actions are captured and incidents resolved in an expedient manner
- Implementation and configuration management utilizing SELinux
- Implement RHEL/CentOS configuration management using automated tools
- Use of SCAP scan and STIG implementation for compliance and compliance monitoring
- Monitor, organize, and work collaboratively with Network Engineers, Cyber Security, Windows Admins, and other IT professionals to optimize and collaborate solutions for our DoD customers
- Provide support to other administrators / engineers in order to provide the best service possible to our DoD customers
- Optimize Linux system performance with unique solutions and independent decision-making skills
- Address Linux issues remotely across several geographical locations to support DoD Senior Leaders
- Ensure Linux systems are functioning optimally seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days each year
- Update troubleshooting Guide from lessons learned / document work completed
- Effectively operate and maintain Linux systems to ensure resolution of all incidents and immediate recovery of the network
- Monitor daily performance of systems, analyze root causes, and/or develop system improvement solutions/opportunities
- Monitor/respond to System Events/Alerts/Logs (for incident response, troubleshooting, and archival)
- Ensure efficient utilization and allocation of network and computer resources to maintain satisfactory response to customers using the network
- Interpret Linux logs instantly and use independent decision-making skills to ensure issues are immediately addressed and that systems are restored quickly when hardware, software, or power failures occur
- This is very similar to 2 other line items other than the use of diagnostic tools. I would add diagnostic tools to another line and delete this line
- Must work well in a small team environment and effectively document work for historical records purpose
- Must have a Top Secret clearance with eligibility to SCI
- Must have Linux + and Sec+
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.