Test Systems Engineer, Senior Specialist
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211004-59502
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title –Test Systems Engineer, Senior Specialist
Job Location – Salt Lake City, UT
Job ID – CS20211004-59502
L3Harris, Communication Systems-West (CSW) is seeking Test System Engineers (TSE.) The TSE is the technical expert of L3Harris products within Operations at CSW. They design the processes and systems that creates CSW products. They provide systems engineering support for our in-house designed automated test machines and manufacturing tools. TSEs support proposals, manufacturing requirements analysis and management, project management, technical documentation, product design review participation, subcontract coordination, risk management, root cause analysis and corrective action creation.
- Manufacturing process requirements and definition
- Manufacturing project management, including budge and schedule
- Assists in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- Facilitate the transition of products from design to production
- Provide input to Engineering to support product lifecycle management
- Ensure failure trends are quickly and effectively identified and resolved
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- May participate in design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline or something similar from an ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited school and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or 4 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- 3+ years of directly related work experience in engineering
- 4 years experience with Electrical Engineering in both digital and RF
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to support contract manufactures
- Graduate Degree or equivalent in Engineering field and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with applied Systems Engineering
- Project and team leadership experience
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Understanding in coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.