L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job ID: CHQ20201203-42935Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Unix \ Linux Systems Administrator works with Linux and other Unix environments including HPUX and Solaris in physical, on-prem virtual and cloud environments. A solid understanding of Linux and other variants of Unix are required as well as a working knowledge of performance and testing tools, SAN (Storage Area Network) technologies, scripting, deployment technologies, and package configuration are important components of this job. A candidate must be a self-starter, work independently as well as with a diverse technical team, and have the ability to take ownership of issues through to resolution. This is a high visibility position and requires the ability to clearly communicate technical issues and solutions with peers, development engineers and management.
- Linux, HPUX, Solaris systems deployment, patching and maintenance
- Daily operations of mission critical Unix base systems
- Deployment of HA (High Availability) Linux and Unix environments
- Backup and recovery within a Linux or Unix based system
- Participate in defining and implementing strategies and standards for Unix and Linux environments
- Coding of Linux/Unix tools for Puppet and Ansible managed environments
- Integration of fibre channel storage into Linux and Unix based environments
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Engineering or a related STEM field and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing Linux or Unix based environments
- Ability to qualify for a government clearance
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE) system administration
- Linux/Unix shell scripting skills
- HPUX system administration, HPUX virtualization
- Serviceguard / MetroCluster
- Linux VMs running in a virtualization environment (VMWare, VirtualBox, Hyper-V)
- Linux VMs running in a cloud virtual environment (Azure, AWS)
- Experience managing Unix systems running SAP environments
- Scripting languages (python, perl, bash, ruby)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.