Supplier Quality Engineer – Special Processes (SP)
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211504-59820
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer – Special Processes (SP)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
This position requires work to done on-site and in-plant in Salt Lake City, UT. Relocation will be considered on a case by case basis.
This position shall support the Supply Chain Management (SCM) team in the management of special process suppliers that may or may not have direct supply efforts to L3Harris, Broadband Communications Systems (BCS). The Supplier Quality Engineer – Special Processes (SQE-SP) will serve as the primary resource for assessing the special process supply chain, maintain the special process data bases in conjunction with Buyers, Supply Chain Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, and direct suppliers to BCS who primarily utilize Special Process Suppliers. The Supplier Quality Engineer – Special Processes will report to the SCM team as to supplier status, SP supplier additions/substractions, root cause and corrective actions, and maintain a membership relationship with recognized industry standards groups. The SQE-SP will be responsible for determining that special process suppliers provide these services that meet the design requirements set forth in the design document, applicable process specifications, and the BCS Supplier Quality requirements per Purchase Order Quality Clauses and Procedures.
The Supplier Quality Engineer – Special Processes will communicate the objectives, supplier status, and metrics of the SP suppliers to the SCM team to readily adjust assessment needs, budgeting, and future SP engagements. The SQE-SP will possess the ability to work with a diverse internal and external workforce and have the interpersonal skills to negiotate to a positive position that meets the BCS and supplier requirements and expetations for a win/win solution.
- Must have the communication skills that meets SCM management team needs, the needs of the SP suppliers, and Supplier Quality Engineering team objectives and metrics.
- Good interpersonal and negiotation skills to interface with all levels of BCS management and SP supplier senior management.
- Will be required to track status and action item completion weekly across BCS SCM auditing systems.
- Carry out supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning.
- Must also be able to manage several improvement efforts and deadlines at any one time with the ability to multi-task and communicate status on a daily basis.
- Will train, develop, mentor, and assist his/her peers and subordinates in all of the departments that affect the supply chain process.
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions to efficiently return to favorable trends with SP suppliers.
- Undertake personal continuous training and development.
- Independently determine approach and assigned tasks and schedule these tasks in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience in Nadcap identified Special Processes and RAB certified Auditing of Quality Management Systems.
- Possess a Lead Auditor certification to current recognized Quality Systems requirements (AS9100D/ISO9001:2015).
- 7 years professional experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, DPAS requirements
- 7 years professional experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Excel), Microsoft Project, Lean, and Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- 5 years professioanl expeirnce and technical acumen to actively participate on national and international standards committees (i.e. PRI/Nadcap) to positively affect BCS interests.
- Ability to travel up to 60%, domestically and internationally on an as needed basis is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance is required
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with and able to use tools as described in APQP techniques and certifications recognized by ASQ.
- Active and current US Security Secret clearance, or higher. TS preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.