Operations Management Supervisor
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor and is responsible for managing two or more of the following activities related to operations: manufacturing, production planning, manufacturing engineering, test, quality, or shipping/receiving/stores. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Supervises individual(s) typically consisting of support level employees.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of own team to explain and interpret policies, practices, and procedures.
- Adjusts basic procedures and processes.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with some impact on department results.
- Understands basic supervisory approaches and has practical knowledge of job area
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own team, which may include customers or vendors.
- Explains and interprets policies, practices and procedures of the area of responsibility to others within the organization.
- Provides day-to-day work direction for direct report(s), focuses on maintaining steady workflow and productivity and resolving operational decisions.
- Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for direct report(s).
- Reports to Senior Supervisor or higher.
- May manage day-to-day elements of the budget (e.g., overtime for staff).
Education and Expe\rience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree, with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Understands basic supervisory approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, and process execution.
- Broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Experience assigning tasks to a team to achieve operational targets, service and standards.
General Job Requirements:
- Must be a United States Citizen and able to obtain a Security Clearance if required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.