Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Systems Engineering Manager
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20232501-96158
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineering Manager
Job Code: CS20232501-96158
Job Location: Salt Lake City- UT
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineering Manager to join our team. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City-UT facility.
The Senior Systems Engineering Manager will lead a team of Project and Systems Engineers that support the development, sustainment, and business pursuit activities associated with Line of Sight (RF and Free Space Optical) and SATCOM communication systems used with Manned and Unmanned Aircraft and Surface Systems. This leadership position will support the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Programs. This Senior Manager should have demonstrated leadership experience in engineering development and/or program management and should include experience leading major development proposal efforts. Key competencies/skills required for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- 10+ years of directly related work experience in project/systems engineering, including proposal management, requirements analysis, development of architecture and technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, etc.
- 5+ years of project and/or personnel management and leadership experience, building cohesive/collaborative teams.
- Understanding of and experience with business development processes/lifecycle with an emphasis on capture and proposal planning and proposal development
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Experience with all aspects of Military Standard Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) including: Design, Implementation, Transition to Manufacturing, and Maintenance
- Experience and in depth understanding of advanced communication systems, including wide band data links used in land, sea, air and tactical Line of Sight and SATCOM applications.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and management skills, including Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Master of Science degree related to digital communication systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Existing SECRET or higher clearance is highly desirable.
- Experience with L3Harris technology and products used by the US Navy and USMC is preferable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.