Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, Utah; Dallas, Texas; Reno, Nevada; Las Vegas, Nevada;Job ID CS20222209-90867
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist Systems Engineer
Job Code: CS20222209-90867
Job Location: USA-SALT LAKE CITY-UT, USA-DALLAS-TX, USA-RENO-NV, USA-LAS VEGAS-NV
Responsible for providing second or third tier equivalent engineering support and analysis to field engineers, technicians, customers and users of L3Harris Systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or resolve problems in malfunctioning hardware or software. Advanced problem solving and innovation that requires comprehensive information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, cross functional engineering or specialties. Problems are generally solved through creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs and debugs complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems and/or software over the phone, email or on site.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems to Developmet and Products Engineering, recommending solutions to resolve reported problems.
- Acts as primary liaison with other business functions for escalation and communication of serious technical and business issues affecting customer satisfaction or product quality.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Harris mission critical VIDA Infrastructure Communications and Portable/Mobile Radios used to support first responders and military personnel on evolving LTE/Satellite/LMR and Hybrid Communications Architectures.
- Contributes to development and evolution of new concepts, techniques and strategies with an eye towards L3Harris e3 (six-sigma) improvements in quality, accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency
- Bachelors degree in engineering discipline and 6+ years experience; or Graduate Degree and 4+ years professional experience.
- At least 4 years experience in LAN/WAN design, two-way radio systems, microwave systems, or wireless data systems.
- At least 3 years experience in MS Windows Server 2012 and UNIX.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to serve as consultant and special internal / external spokesperson for the organization on major technical and customer support matters.
- Experience in Land Mobile Radio, Project management skills, Knowledge of database reporting tools.
- Ability to travel - Approximately 60% domestic travel anticipated.
- Familiarity with Public Safety organization operations.
- Microsoft/Cisco Certifications.
- Ability to work as a member of the Fielded Products support team and understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Potential for obtaining Secret/Top Secret Clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.