Sr Spec, Systems Engrg
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior Systems Engineer
L3Harris is seeking a SeniorSystems Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. This position is responsible for the technical planning, system design, requirements management, system integration, verification and validation, engineering cost and risk management, and supportability analyses for communication systems. Analyses are performed at all system levels including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that adhere to technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Collaborates with customers, engineering and program management in the planning, design, development, deployment and sustaining of communications systems and products.
- Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline.
- Plans and conducts technical projects or portions of projects.
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products.
- Involved in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements.
- Develops technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications.
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project.
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule.
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives.
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership.
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers.
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in developing electronics payloads for aerospace & military defense applications.
- Experience in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation.
- Experience in the development of requirements documentation.
- Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
- Experience in the development of new technologies military communications is desired
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is desired.
- Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience generating requirements using DOORS is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management, customers, and sub-contractors.
- Because of the nature of this work, an existing DoD Security Clearance is required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.