Sr Spec, Space Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, Utah
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Space Development Senior Systems Engineer
L3Harris is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our talented engineering organization. The scope of the position involves the development of advanced communication subsystem hardware/software for multi-segment (space, ground, airborne) applications. The position will span initial concept development through hardware/software implementation, test, and delivery. Potential applications include high rate, assured, and optical communications.
This position requires the ability to understand all levels of space development requirements, to lead multi-disciplined engineering teams in the development of new capabilities, and to manage subcontractors. Experience with Requirements development, Parts, Materials, and Process flow down, and System Verification and Validation is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background and will work directly with internal technical IPT's developing requirements, implementing designs and working with customers and associated sub-contractors.
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in developing electronics payloads for aerospace & military defense applications.
- Experience in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for space-based environments.
- Experience in the development of requirements documentation for space payloads
- Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
- Experience with high reliability space flight programs and radiation-hardened environments is desired.
- Experience in the development of new technologies for space applications is desired
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is desired.
- Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience generating requirements using DOORS is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management, customers, and sub-contractors.
- Because of the nature of our work, an existing DoD Security Clearance is required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.