Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Scientist, Information Security Engineering
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20231708-104881
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Scientist, Information Security Engineering
Job Location: Salt Lake City-UT
Job Code: CS20231708-104881
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Sr. Scientist Information Security Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City- UT facility.
This Subject Matter Expert will apply current systems security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security and execute system CONOPS. The Sr. Scientist will work closely with Government customers and program stakeholders to ensure that the security protection needs, concerns and requirements are defined and implemented with appropriate fidelity and rigor, early and in a sustainable manner throughout the life cycle of system that will allow for the security authorization of the system of interest.
- Works with systems developers or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products.
- Uses methods such as encryption technology, vulnerability analysis and security management.
- Responsible for integration of multiple methods into a cohesive system security perimeter and environment and the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment. Prepares Assessment and Authorization documentation using multiple standards under RMF and derivative processes (DOD 8510.01M, JSIG, ICD-503, CNSSI 1253), to achieve security authorization of supported systems.
- Represents program security needs, concerns, and requirements at customer meetings.
- Leads and contribute to all Product or Network Information Security Engineering activities pertaining to CDRLs, trade studies, security requirements analysis, secure architecture development, management & compliance with security controls, design review milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR) and security test/verification activities
- Performs system CONOP analysis and development
- Contributes to all Product and/or Security Engineering activities pertaining to CDRLs, trade studies, security requirements analysis, secure architecture development, management & compliance with security controls, design review milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR) and security test/verification activities
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements derivation and allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer Information Security requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Provide Cyber technical leadership for development teams building new multi-discipline (mechanical, electrical, software, hardware etc.) products
- Provide Cyber technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications, and new technology initiatives (hardware, software, cross-domain solutions, cryptographic devices, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and software deployment tools)
- Ensure RMF Information Security requirements and Program Protection requirements are addressed in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Conduct security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate risks
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of prior related experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level 3 certification (e.g. CISSP, ISSEP, ISSAP)
- Active Top Secret
- At least 7 years of experience with vulnerability research and analysis of computer hardware, appliances, and/or embedded systems
- At least 7 years of experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation and authorization (A&A) processes to include RMF steps 1-4 (categorization, controls selection, control implementation, security assessment) and standard body of evidence (BoE) package development
- At least 2 years of experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Certified Test Plan (CTP), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M), and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with system testing and evaluation methods and RMF assessment methodology & processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with IC and DoD Cyber organizations, including structure, engagement, customer relationship management, and Business Development
- At least 5 years of experience with DCO and OCO Cyber Effects Operations (CEO)
- At least 5 years of experience leading technical teams, decomposing requirements, solution development, implementation, and testing/qualification across a portfolio
- At least 5 years of experience with computer hardware architecture, components, and protocols
- At least 3 years of experience with Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA) standards
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance preferred
- Experience in validating the NSA Crypto Modernization
- Experience developing security overlays, data flow diagrams, internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer and/or product requirements
- Experience with administration and securing Linux (RHEL/CentOS), Microsoft products including Windows Server 2016+, Windows 10, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, and WSUS
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS/Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, etc
- Experience with architectures integrating VLANs, VRF, virtual switching, multi-layer switching, Multi-layer Firewalls, ACLs, secure configuration, VPN (IPSEC)
- Foundational knowledge of Layer 3 architecture and diagramming within Visio or other commercial products
- Understanding of routing and switching as employed in telecommunications and network traffic
- General knowledge of common threats to information systems and how compromise would damage system integrity
- Exposure to model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tool suites (e.g., Cameo) and associated processes
- Experience with application of STIGs, CIS Benchmarks, and/or SCAP and developing associated POAMs
- Working knowledge of embedded systems, appliances, FPGA, single-board computers, chipsets, and microprocessors
- Engineering experience in non-traditional national security missions
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.