Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Mgr, Program Management
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20222109-90780
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Program Management
Job Code: PMM6
Company Code: 01820
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
This individual will also be able to effectively communicate with confidence, including regular presentations and status updates to senior leadership and above. The incumbent will work alongside similarly unique individuals; sharing, learning and collaborating to improve everyone’s experience within your area of influence. Thriving in the mix and fully accountable with an extreme sense of ownership and responsibility to all stakeholders, this person will have responsibility for leading, mentoring and reviewing performance of other program managers.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Perform site management responsibilities for the Salt Lake City facility.
- Drives program execution to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and develops or obtains solutions, including allocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead multi-functional teams in the proposal and execution of Department of Defense communications technology programs while maintaining responsibility for cost and schedule performance
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing/Subcontracts Management, Finance, Contracts and Quality to support on time delivery
- Identify continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for Business Area financial plan for orders, revenue, profit and cash
- Coordinate with customers to identify opportunities and solutions and provide issue resolution across the program lifecycle, including proposal, production and support.
- Lead proposal preparation, including technical description, statement of work, and cost/schedule estimation for both sole-source and competitive proposals.
- Provide concise reports to management on status, potential issues, risks, and solution recommendations
- Management responsibility for leading, mentoring and reviewing performance of other program managers
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- 10+ years progressive experience with a strong understanding of program management methodologies
- 8+ years' experience in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) methodology and tools to monitor and report status on program execution, Cobra preferred.
- Holds a current DOD security clearance (a Secret clearance is required)
- Travel as business needs arise
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.