Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Mgr, Product Management
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20222911-93990
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Product Management
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: CS20222911-93990
L3Harris Broadband Communication Sector is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Products to support innovative RF Communications products in our portfolio, specializing in Open Source Architecture/Modular Open Systems Approach. The successful candidate will develop a product strategy across the organization while working closely with program management, engineering, operations and finance. The candidate will also identify and align markets that complement our business. The candidate will be responsible for identifying the product positioning, setting pricing, fulfilling forecasts and executing product promotion. The successful candidate will be a self-starter able to identify and reconcile needs in products, processes and systems. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 2-5 Product Managers, providing strategy guidance to the team and giving day to day directions. Other duties as assigned.
- The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects for their assigned products, to include: product lifecycle management, sales, strategy, development, production, and financial performance. Specific functions to be performed under limited supervision include:
- Leads and directs work of cross-functional teams comprised of skilled professionals in production, finance, engineering and administrative disciplines
- Interface with customers to understand Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Use Cases, and overall customer requirements and ‘desirements’ turning those into product requirements for engineering
- Provide leadership of the core product team to establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, validation, manufacture, integration and test activities
- Manage Internal Research And Development projects (IRAD) to develop new features and products (new product introduction and launch)
- Represent the voice of the customer within the plant
- Create roadmaps, market landscapes, and competitive landscape analysis
- Determine value-based product pricing based on market and competitive environment
- Create a long term vision to develop new business in existing markets or expand the product line to new markets
- Promote products through creating marketing material, launch plans, and various other sales tools to support internal and external customers
- Resolve internal performance issues arising from engineering design or operations production
- Manage budgets for product improvements and defect resolutions
- Managing team members, by developing tasking to are aligned with the overall strategy of the Product Line Group.
- Managing the Open Source Architecture product
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Must have 2 years’ experience creating and delivering professional presentations for Executive Level Teams, Engineering Teams, Business Development Teams, and Vendor Teams – Both internal and external
- Prior Product Management experience either in a hardware deliverable or a stand-alone software deliverable
- Project/ Program management experience involving Products
- Master’s Degree in Business, Strategy or Systems Engineering
- Experience with strategy development
- Experience with data link modems
- Experience in DoD industry; familiarity with Military User community
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.