Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Associate, Production Planning - SWING SHIFT
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211709-69579
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Associate, Production Planning
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah / USA-UT-Salt Lake City
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 3 years related experience. Military, Manufacturing, Construction, Healthcare, Production, Assembly, Warehouse, etc.
- 2 years professional experience with face to face customer service, communications, and problem solving skills
- 1 years professional experience with, and exposure to, Project Management related work
- 2 years professional experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint)
- Position requires the ability to move 50 pounds
This position requires the ability to work overtime and nontraditional days or hours when needed. This includes weekends and holidays, if needed.
The Senior Associate, Production Planner interfaces with multiple departments and organizations, and is primarily responsible for ensuring project deliverables are completed on schedule.
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to handle stressful situations with maturity, confidence, and respect
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Adaptability and agility in an evolving workplace environment, while efficiently responding to new Information guidelines, and methodologies
- Established analytical skills, focused on the ability to identify and implement creative solutions to complex problems
- Understanding of the concepts, principles, processes, and procedures required to actively manage production schedules
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment while demonstrating the skills needed to effectively avoid and resolve conflict
- Interpret basic engineering instructions and drawings
- Understand various manufacturing processes and methods
- Professional Attitude and Adaptability, including the ability to work overtime and non-traditional days and hours to meet the expectations of your assigned Program
- “Ownership of the job” is critical to success in this role
- Communicate, Coordinate, and Negotiate workflow through multiple work centers via various functional organizations to secure needed resources while ensuring changing customer demands, and schedule deadlines are met.
- Analyze material configuration and job order status using Windows-based computer systems and software
- Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules
- Monitor order status, including material status, managing WIP areas, location accuracy, inventory discrepancies, manufacturing and program support, and communication support
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Identify and create goals that lead to the successful completion of project deliverables within the allotted time
- Perform detailed schedule, risk, and continuous improvement based analysis to identify, develop, and drive solutions
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills (nice to have, not required):
- Manufacturing Production Planning experience is a plus
- Associate's Degree with 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience with project or program execution techniques preferred
- Experience with SAP or other ERP/MRP systems is preferred
- Professional Communications, mostly verbal, with projects, teams, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exposure to and understanding of Project Management skills and communications
- Stable growth within a company, through title or additional responsibilities
- A history of successfully self-starting with little direction.
- A can do attitude and then project manage the resources to make it happen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.