Sr Assoc, Procurement
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20210804-59385
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Title: Buyer, Supply Chain
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
This position requires on site and in plant in Salt Lake City, UT. Relocation is not offered at this time.
We are looking for a BUYER with Department of Defense contractor experience to join our team. We are considering individuals who have experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Buyer, Purchasing for a Department of Defense (DoD) contractor company.
In this position you can expect to:
Support proposal activities by coordinating pricing efforts with Program Managers, Hardware Cost Estimating, and other buyers; prepare and follow-up on requests for quotation/bid/proposal to help ensure a compliant and effective competitive bidding process.
- Convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders (PO) in a timely manner to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Issue requests for quotation/bid/proposal & analyze supplier quotes to determine best source in terms of cost, conformance to requirements, and delivery.
- Document fair and reasonable pricing per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) by performing cost and and/or price analysis.
- Ensure all applicable program, company, engineering, and item-specific conformance criteria are clearly and adequately conveyed to suppliers.
- Maintain accurate PO documentation per FAR/ Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Write negotiation plans as required.
- Negotiate and establish long-term pricing agreements with suppliers.
- Follow-up on late deliveries and expedite deliveries with suppliers as required.
- Review and approve Statements of Work (SOW), and implement and track the applicable SOW flow-downs as contractual line items.
- Review and interpret drawings, incorporate terms and conditions into purchase orders, and flow down schedule requirements.
- Manage supplier performance and open orders
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with suppliers
- Advanced problem-solving experience
- Hands-on negotiation experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security clearance
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree, or 5 years equivalent experience is required.
3 years professional hands-on negotiation with purchasing experience
2 years experience in Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain, or other directly related field.
1 year DOD-related experience
1 year professional experience working directly with FAR/DFAR
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master in Supply Chain is ideal. Business, Finance, Accounting are also highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of FAR/DFAR, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and other related requirements
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with ERP systems, SAP experience a plus
- Advanced problem-solving experience
- Current and Active Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.