Specialist Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20212004-60011
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Specialist Systems Engineer
Job Location – USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job ID – CS20212004-60011
L3Harris is seeking an Electronic Warfare (EW) Specialist Systems Engineer for an opportunity located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The EW Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of EW systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, system deployment, and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
- Assist in the capture and management of customer and derived requirements, as well as the decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, ensuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
- Help develop technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyze configuration and processing solutions, and test conformance to specifications
- Employ best practices, tools and techniques, and apply processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
- Ensure technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follow processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in an engineering discipline, and 4-6 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience in system level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for EW systems applications
- Understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with basic understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Availability to travel 20-40% of the time to customer and subcontractor sites in support of technical meetings and verification activities
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.