Specialist, HR Business Partner
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20211603-58164
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris is looking for an experienced HRBP to provide functional leadership and multi-site HR support. The HRBP will support operations employees across multiple sites in the Maritime Sector. The selected candidate will also support Operations Leaders in the Maritime Sensors Division while driving business strategy and change management initiatives. The role will report to the Sr Mgr, HRBP for the Maritime Operations organization.
The HRBP will plan and implement business and HR strategic initiatives resulting in continuous improvement, enhanced employee engagement, and superior business results.
Overview of Role
- Coordinate with Talent Acquisition and client areas to ensure the business is able to hire the right talent at the right time.
- Promote a process improvement mindset to implement new ideas and streamline transactional processes while adhering to Corporate and Segment HR policies as well as government compliance.
- Leverage decision making capabilities to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues, complaints and investigations.
- Run analytics to drive people related decisions; identify trends in employee relations, retention and engagement.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement efforts related to people strategy.
- Recommend solutions and creative ideas to continually improve engagement and productivity.
- Promote effective diversity and inclusion activities across the site and the functions supported.
- Collaborate with Division and Sector HR team to plan and implement HR initiatives.
- Proficient working knowledge and competent understanding of Human Resources management, principles and laws.
- Ability to influence and problem solve in the areas of compensation, talent assessment, performance management, talent acquisition and employee relations.
- Work independently on day-to-day responsibilities and utilize strong problem solving skills to reach resolutions.
- Exercises frequent independent discretion and judgment to achieve desired outcomes.
- General understanding of basic business competencies and business unit operations.
- Strong interpersonal communications, facilitation and conflict resolutions skills.
- Strong writing skills and investigation skills.
- Strong attention to quality, process detail and the use of standard Microsoft office tools including Excel (Vlookups, and pivot tables).
- Comfortable working in an environment which demands timely deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continued improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management required. Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Human Resource experience in employee relations, recruiting, Affirmative Action plans or talent acquisition with a minimum of 6 years as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Ability to effectively utilize HRIS systems (PeopleSoft) and HR analytics dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization and be a strong contributing team member.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter who can work independently and drive results.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Skills and Desires:
- Graduate degree (Masters in Human Resources/Industrial and Labor Relations; JD; MBA)
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Mobile for alternate opportunities after 18 months - 2 years in role
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.