Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20220804-80341
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Specialist, Contracts (L3)
We are seeking an experienced Contracts Specialist for a position in Salt Lake City, UT. The successful candidate will be responsible for cradle-to-grave contract management activities on a variety of US Government contracts and customers, and possibly of International program contracts and customers as well. The successful candidate will have experience in the development, negotiation and administration of various government and commercial contracts types. This role requires skills and attributes such as: cooperative team player mindset, solution oriented thinking, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of discipline in organizing and record keeping, strong customer focus, high ethical standards, and ability to live L3Harris values every day – Integrity, Respect, Excellence – in word and deed.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Serves as primary contractual interface with assigned customers.
- Manages the contractual review of customer RFQs/Solicitations.
- Participates in the generation of proposals, responsible for submission and follow ups.
- Leads and partners with Program Management and Program Financial Analyst on contract negotiations
- Manages contract change control process and overall contract administration.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, L3H policies and procedures, as well as smart business practice;
- Maintains custody and control over official Contracts files
- Manages Contract closeout actions
- Preforms Data Entry in ERP system.
- Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance.
- Utilizes working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), FAR supplements (e.g. DFARS) and other agency regulations.
- Influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs.
- Travel as required.
The following are the key attributes that are must haves for the successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area; Minimum 3 years prior experience in Contracts role.
- Experience in the development/creation, negotiation and administration of various government and commercial contracts and agreements.
- Requires high level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task/prioritize/close actions in a fast paced environment before deadlines as required.
- Must be highly proficient in MS tool set and other on line research tools.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- International contracts experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and qualified to obtain a Government security clearance.
Other professional certifications are a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.