Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spec, Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20222410-92418
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City - UT
Job ID: CS20222410-92418
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Specialist, Systems Engineer. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City-UT facility.
The Systems Engineer supports clients in the management or direction of logistics support for one or more programs, including appropriate supporting organizations. The Logistician will provide direct support to the customer in the planning, coordinating and execution of numerous acquisition program logistics efforts for legacy and future systems as well as technical refreshes/ upgrades. The Logistician will provide logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice; and recommendations.
This position will function as both an ILS Manager and Logistics Engineer responsible for life cycle cost analysis, maintenance planning activities, repair management, supply chain management, provisioning and various other logistics tasks.
- Coordinate all logistics elements (e.g., spares, support equipment, training, facilities, technical data, provisioning, etc.) to ensure all integrated logistics support requirements for the program are identified.
- Participate in site surveys, and program reviews.
- Perform analysis of sustainment or related Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) issues and recommend suitable replacements.
- Provide support to accomplish the generation and review of logistics support documentation that includes the following: Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), Technical Orders (TOs), Technical Manuals, Electronic Technical Manuals, Illustrated Parts Breakdowns, and work specifications to ensure the documentation meets Government logistics support requirements.
- Implement DoD Acquisition and Life-cycle Management policies and procedures.
- Determine resources (e.g. funds, manpower, facilities, equipment, supplies, and services) required to fulfill the logistics plans.
- Obtain and maintains any security clearances, status or licenses required by client to perform work.
- Use and apply Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000 acquisition processes, relating it to products, production, and sustainment.
- Conduct logistics analysis and assessments (e.g. supportability analysis, Level of Repair Analysis, range and depth of spare parts, DMSMS, risk assessments, etc.)
- Supports the development and entry of Logistics management Information.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in Logistics Engineering.
- Experience with LSA, MIL-STD-1388 or its replacement GEI-0007, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability and equivalents.
- Experience with cost account and project engineering management will be required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills along with the ability to work independently or in a team environment is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.