Spec, Manufacturng Engrg (second shift)
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211004-59495
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: CCA Manufacturing Process Engineer
Job Location: Salt lake City
L3 Harris Communications is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer (MPE) in their Salt Lake City plant. This position is primarily Responsible for designing and developing manufacturing methods, processes, procedures, operation sequence, and production layouts for the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining, material handling and providing manufacturing support on the assembly floor. MPE will work with many job families, including Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Test Engineering, as well as test, inspection, and assembly employees. Candidates must have excellent customer service attitude, communication skills, and technical knowledge of cables and manufacturing processes
- Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to best manufacturing practices and may develop those techniques.
- Estimates manufacturing cost, evaluates time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout and flow.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance or assists/aids the manufacturing processes.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
- Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations and/or industry certifications and best practices.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- May interface with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products and to provide guidance regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- May identify nonconforming product, contribute to root cause failures, and disposition of product to engineering and/or customer specifications May support and confer with vendors in determining product specifications, best industry practices, materials, and evaluating products to customer specifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline required minimum of 2 years of experience preferred.
- Transactional experience working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems such as Baan, Oracle, Info. SAP Preferred.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution (now an SAP product) SAP
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.