Software Engineer - TS/SCI Clearance Required
Salt Lake City, Utah, San Diego, California
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is currently seeking a Software Engineer, with a background and experience in embedded real-time software development. This position requires an individual to support existing, new and next generation military communications applications. An engineer in this position is responsible for leading projects, developing and managing schedules, providing responses to bid and proposals, deriving software requirements, adding features to current designs and creating the design and developing applications implementing these requirements.
Our Principal Software Engineers are responsibilities for:
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Demonstrated presentation abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design documents
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Provide production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software license documentation
- 6+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or equivalency
- TS/SCI Clearance Required
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Must have solid presentation and writing skills
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
- Solid programming experience in C and C++.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Additional programming languages a plus
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
- An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
- Adequate ability of reading schematics a plus
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit