Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Scientist RF/Wireless Design Engineering
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20231204-99594
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Scientist RF/Wireless Design Engineering
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: CS20231204-99594
Job Schedule: 9/80
L3Harris, Communication Systems segment, is currently seeking a Senior Scientist RF/Wireless to join our team. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City-UT facility.
This senior engineer will join our RF Design team as a leader to deliver mission critical RF systems solutions for various customers of our Broadband Communication Systems group.
- Derive RF hardware requirements from system level specifications.
- Lead the development of communication system architectures from an RF perspective.
- Perform RF/analog circuit design and hardware engineering from the component level up to entire communication systems.
- Responsible for the RF and High frequency/microwave detailed design, analysis, development, and testing of hardware.
- Participate in the proposal process for programs with RF requirements by estimating tasks, identifying risk and planning development.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external system design reviews.
- Present concepts, designs, and results to program management and L3Harris customers.
- Lead or work in conjunction with mechanical, systems and software engineering to meet challenging performance requirements.
- Support internal peer design reviews, design verification testing of engineering units and oversight of design through production.
- Develop methods for modifying systems to include new RF and wireless capabilities.
- achelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of prior related experience.
- Academic background in electro-magnetic (EM) and RF/microwave theory and knowledge of electronic warfare (EW).
- At least 9 years of experience designing RF products operating from UHF through E-band. Design activities will include frequency synthesizers, Up/down converters, front-end electronics and other RF electronics for various antenna tracking techniques up thorugh entire RF sytems on platforms.
- Experience with Cadence (AWR and Microwave Office), Pathwave RF Synthesis (Genesys) and Siemens EDA (Mentor Graphics)
- Experience with defining RF architectures, creating link budgets and performing system-level gain/distortion anaylsis.
- PhD degree in a related engineering field.
- Active Secret (or higher) clearance.
- Good verbal, written communication, and excellent analytical skills are essential for this position.
- Ability to work independently, as well as direct and coordinate work of multi-disciplinary engineering teams to assure the successful development of RF systems and assemblies.
- Understanding of critical performance characteristics of passive and active RF components such as Amplifiers, Oscillators, Attenuators, Mixers and Filters. An understanding of how these characteristics relate to a communication system's performance is a plus.
- Working understanding and knowledge of S-parameters (matching networks, cascade analysis, …), Gain budget analysis (Gain, NF, Linearity, Noise power, … ), and Filtering (types, bandwidth, implementations, … ).
- A strong understanding of noise figure/noise temperature (Eb/No, BER vs. noise, receiver sensitivity, and expected value and variance), temperature effects, interconnection (standard and non-standard impedances), and isolation requirements.
- Knowledge of Link Budget Analysis, including nonlinear effects and their remedies (inter-modulation, IP3, IP2, group delay variation, and dynamic range) is essential.
- Knowledge of prime-power budgets and how to design for temperature extremes, heat transfer, and circuit protection modulation.
- Familiar with, and maintains knowledge of industry trends. Help develop roadmaps utilizing the latest technologies to increase system and sub-assembly capabilities, and lower the cost, size, weight and power.
- Familiar with design techniques for RF tracking such as CONSCAN and Monopulse.
- Familiar with SATCOM standards for both military and commercial applications.
- Familiarity with MIL-STDs is preferred.
- Must be proficiencent with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus familiar with MS Project software.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.