Senior Quality Specialist, Business Management System & Compliance
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211204-59594
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Senior Quality Specialist, Business Management System & Compliance
Job Location – Salt Lake City, UT
Job ID – CS20211204-59594
L3Harris, Communication Systems-West (CSW) is seeking a Senior Quality Specialist (SQS). Do you want to join a team with the exciting opportunity to be a champion of cultural transformation and organizational change? Then join us as our newest member of the Business Management System & Compliance team reporting through the CSW Quality organization. This role directly supports the delivery of tangible value to L3Harris Broadband Communications Sector in achieving the "WHY" of AS9100 and CMMI. This transformation will be accomplished through the strategic and tactical integration of the Core and Supporting Business Processes with the industry standard Quality Management System requirements to become one Business Management System (BMS) that is effectively implemented and continually improved.
- Owns the effective integration of the requirements of AS9100, AS9145, and AS9115 into the BMS processes through effective partnership with Program Management and Engineering Design & Development management and individual contributors
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes
- Working in partnership with Program Management and Engineering Design & Development, own creation of Turtle Diagrams to document the updated processes, as well as authoring / assisting with authoring updated, process based documented procedures defining the integrated BMS
- Conduct Process Based Internal Audits of revenue generating core business processes and supporting key processes
- Author detailed audit reports documenting the scope, requirements, objective evidence reviewed, findings, nonconformances, and opportunities for improvement
- Identify effective root cause corrective action and data analysis opportunities for improvement of the Business Management System processes
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices
- Help to develop and implement a company culture of personal accountability
- May conduct briefings with senior leaders
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required, based on business needs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- 6+ years of work experience in design and development engineering and / or manufacturing engineering
- AS9100 Certified Lead Auditor
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to support all CSW sites
- Prosci Change Management Certificate
- Project and team leadership experience
- Technical Structured Problem Solving experience. Problems are generally solved through creative solutions, drawing from prior experience and in-depth analysis of issues.
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas, and collaboration as part of a team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.