Sales Representative, Level 5
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Title: Sales Representative
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Relocation will be considered
Responsible for sales of high-volume products and systems for DoD domestic and international customers. Identify, qualify and close new DoD business to meet sales objectives as well as expand new customer base. Aggressively prospect to develop sales opportunities to enlarge our DoD account base. Works with marketing, sales and product teams to support the development of the strategic direction. Other duties as assigned.
Must have hands on experience with:
- L3Harris products
- Establishing customer relationships
- Meet/ exceed sales metrics
- Provide inputs for sales forecasts
- Provide inputs for sales strategy
- Provide competitive market input and analysis
- Traveling to clients and “grouping” sales call visits
- Phone, Online, and In Person presentations
- We are looking for a hunter, not a gatherer
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 year current experience OR Master’s degree and 7 years current experience.
- Must have 5 years current experience selling to DoD customers.
- Must have a current track record of meeting or exceeding current sales targets: monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Must have experience with government contracts, purchase orders, and purchasing cycles
- Must be a go getter and also able to work as part of a team
- Must have experience interacting with ANY and ALL levels of management and military grades.
- This position requires “road warrior” amounts of travel, 75%+ Domestic and International
Our ideal candidate will have hands on, in field experience, using L3 Technologies and/or Harris Technologies communications products. Through military or government service.