Quality Technician D ("Receiving Inspector")
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
- Perform receiving inspection on incoming material to verify parts meet drawing requirements, Quality Clauses, specifications and inspection instructions
- Review of supplier documentation for conformance to requirements
- Document Nonconformances; photograph defects and verify completion of dispositions
- Utilizes measurement gauges, inspection instruments, microscope to perform inspections
- Perform mechanical and electrical hardware inspection on incoming material from Suppliers
- Interpret drawings with Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) to inspect parts with inspection tools
- Utilize measurement devices tools such as Calipers, Height Gauge, Optical Comparator, micrometers and others
- Utilize surface plates, precision measuring tools, gauges (blocks) and other mechanical inspection tools/tooling
- Access drawings and inspection instructions; document non-conformances
- Visual inspections using a microscope
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Experience in Mechanical inspections utilizing inspection tools (calipers, micrometers, surface plate, electronic and mechanical height gages, comparator).
- Ability to obtain Secret level security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience reading/interpreting engineering drawings.
- Mechanical assembly experience in order to validate assemblies to detailed, complex drawings
- Certified to IPC-A-610
- Experience running a CMM
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.