Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Quality Technician C
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211409-69380
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Technician C
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Ensures that products and services meet company standards and end-user requirements by analyzing and solving product conformance problems. Performs quality planning tasks to ensure product conformance to requirements, including preparation of control plans and instructions, sampling plans, procedures and quality records. Supports quality assurance objectives by training inspectors, performing product and manufacturing process audits. Analyzes quality costs and other quality data by applying fundamental statistical methods and principles for process control. Develops tools to facilitate efficient execution of quality planning, verification and analytical processes. Supports and may lead kaizen events, summarizes outcomes, and makes recommendations to management on the basis of sound decision factors and business principles. Develops and maintains procedures and work instructions relevant to the quality organization.
- Collaborate on the creation of Control Plans for MN’s worked in area
- Maintain PR tracking/review/approval for Design and Manufacturing PR’s submitted in area
- Train inspectors on new inspection techniques and tools
- Audit manufacturing areas for AS9100 compliance
- Carries out projects to reduce Touch Time, defects, and Cycle time. Familiar with the handling and disposition of Nonconforming Material
- Ensure that products and services conform to established company standards
- Review, analyze, and reports on quality performance, related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure that product and system requirements are met
- Recommend opportunities for continuous improvement of the processes and products, to include providing support to inspectors working CI projects
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional process development and improvement efforts
- Create new processes, tools, and methods to support achievement of quality objectives
- Understand and able to apply the elements of corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and the control of nonconforming material
- Able to apply basic elements of process control; determines what data to collect for a specific technique, how to apply it to practical business processes, how to analyze data for actionable business intelligence
- Draft and revise procedures and work instructions
- Performs inspections to support day to day business needs
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 6+ years of prior related experience in a quality-related discipline or 2 years post-secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years knowledge and understanding of AS9100/ISO 9001 quality systems
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to interface across the organization to achieve effective results
- Experience working in a team environment to solve problems and balance workloads
- Experience with electronics workmanship standards such as IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620
- Experience in Aerospace manufacturing, mechanical assemblies, and/or electronic assemblies
- Experience with Project Management, Lean tools and Six Sigma principles
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.