Quality Systems Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Description: The Calibration and Quality Management System Coordinator in the Salt Lake City Acoustic Systems site is responsible for the daily upkeep of the Quality Management system records, audit schedule, calibration logs, and corrective action logs. The position will report to the Quality Engineering Manager.
- Ensures that the quality management system and records are kept up to date and conform to ISO9001, DCMA, and other relevant standards as required.
- Maintains yearly audit schedule and audit records
- Executes audits competently and with minimal supervision
- Identify internal control issues/exceptions and ensure they are well-defined, root causes analyzed and discussed and agreed with management
- Manages Calibration Logs and schedules outside calibration houses as necessary to ensure compliance to ISO requirements.
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies of equipment
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to resolve equipment issues.
- Manages site corrective action logs and schedules weekly meetings to address outstanding corrective actions
- Participate as an active member of Material Review Boards and Failure Review Boards which includes the disposition of non-conforming hardware, identifying hardware containment requirements, identifying appropriate root cause and corrective action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- Interface and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with personnel at all technical levels and with management.
- Liaison - Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel in the section or group, as well as with external calibration suppliers and ISO Registrars.
- WORK PRODUCTS (not an exhaustive list) - Quality and Reliability standards. Quality System Databases and Software Applications (i.e., COSTPOINT, TIPQA and FRACAS). Microsoft Applications
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of AS 9100/ISO 9001 and ability to conduct audits.
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of auditing experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance (secret). To obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- Experience in heavily regulated industry is required (Aerospace, Space, Medical and / or Defense industry experience is preferred).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Lead Quality Auditor (LQA) certification
- Understanding of Piezo Electric technology manufacturing, or any Industrial Ceramics manufacturing experience is highly preferred.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.