Protected Tactical Software and Networking Engineer
Salt Lake City, Utah
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is currently searching for a Protected Tactical Software and Networking Engineer for our Salt Lake City, Utah facility.
L3Harris is a leader in the exciting field of communication systems targeting RF spectral dominance. We are currently seeking Software Engineers with background in Protected Tactical communication systems.
Engineers will participate in collaborative multidiscipline teams to develop the Next Generation Communication Systems. The majority of our platforms are embedded systems with hard-real time operating requirements that operate in congested or contested spectrum. We are looking for creative individuals who can work effectively with people of different skills and backgrounds, identify opportunities to design real solutions for tomorrow’s products.
Active DOD Security Clearance is preferable.
Particular areas of Interest:
- Anti-Jam Communication Systems (PTW/PTS/PATS)
- Dynamic Resource Allocation and Schedulers Algorithms
- Understanding of Mission Management System (MMS) and/or Key Management System (KMS)
- Network Architecture and Protocols development (Terminal and Hub w/Network Protocols)
Strong candidates will have a background in:
- Application development using different programming languages (with preference for C/C++, other programming and scripting languages are a plus)
- Familiar with various source control repositories (preference for GIT)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
- Development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Development environments using Window, Linux and/or Solaris
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows
- Working knowledge of signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocols, wireless communications and reading hardware schematics.
- Be familiar with secure coding development practices
An engineer in this position will be need to be flexible and can work as an individual contributor, on a team and/or be willing to take on lead responsibilities.
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in embedded software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with software experience, or equivalency
- Solid programming experience in C/C++ and embedded systems design
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit