Program Scheduler/ Master Planner
Salt Lake City, Utah
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
TITLE: Program Scheduler/ Master Planner
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
This position requires 50% or more time on site, in office work.
This position is eligible for a relocation package. Candidates selected for this position will be offered a comprehensive relocation package from their current location to their new location of employment in Salt Lake City Utah.
Our Program Master Planners/ Schedulers facilitate the development of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that will guide program execution and serve as the basis for Earned Value performance.
Our Master Planners also ensure that all schedules are fully compliant with industry policies (L3Harris or similar internal system description), the DoD customer, industry requirements (DID 81861 IPMR), the National Defense Industrial Association’s Planning & Schedule Excellence Guide (PASEG), DCMA 14 point assessment
To be successful in this role you need to have the following:
- Substantial experience developing large scale (> 600M) networks with multiple subcontractors. Very strong background developing large logic tied networks with greater than 5000+ lines.
- Power user of Microsoft Project 2013 “Server”, Power user of Microsoft Office 2016 (Excel, Word, Power Point), Milestones Professional, Deltek Cobra, Acumen, Risk, Fuse, Deltek 360 experience.
- Possess a thorough understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements.
- Significant background resource loading budgets into schedules to support EVMS measurement and reporting.
- Expected to assess schedule health and analyze plan’s risk and resource using (SRA) risk assessment tool
- Identify trends using common schedule Metrics (DCMA 14pt, BEI, EVAS data driven metrics, etc.), suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation.
- Perform Schedule Assessments and Analyses on the baseline IMS to identify schedule risks and opportunities.
- Review, recommend and implement, as appropriate, schedule work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner.
- Routinely assist program management by monitoring SPI/CPI and BEI performance and preparing schedule status reports for customer and/or business management reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and lead diverse teams and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment and analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and on schedule
- Lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires the ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Participates in sector and company functional activities including training, surveillance, tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong background in Program Life Cycle management
- Bachelor Degree. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Information Technology or related field of study AND 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have 6 years using MS Project
- Must have 6 years using EVMS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security Clearance
Additional and Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters Degree and 7 years of experience.
- DOD, Aerospace background
- PMP or PMI SP Certification a plus.
- Active and current TS SCI security clearance
An equivalent combination of education and 11+ years of experience considered in lieu of a Degree.
Candidates selected for this position will receive a company paid, PMI Membership (1 Year), company paid PMP or PMI SP testing fees, company paid PMP or PMI SP Peremptory test workbook fees.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.