Salt Lake City, Utah; Greenville, TexasJob ID CHQ20211603-58169
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris is searching for a talented and dynamic Manager in Procurement to work in an Indirect Spend team environment. Position has direct report responsibilities supporting internal Capital and Expense requirements. Manager will be responsible for coaching and guidance related to the development of procurement specifications, work statements, terms and conditions for specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Tracking of metrics including Savings/Cost Avoidance as well as Service, Quality and Cost. Training and auditing of Procurement policies and procedures. Supporting internal customers related to meeting targeted budgets and deadlines as well as owing the relationship with the Indirect supplier base.
- Daily/routine interface with direct reports – Staff meetings, 1:1 sessions, career development.
- Maintain and monitor workload capacity.
- Tracking and management of Department metrics.
- Provide training/guidance related to RFQ’s, SOW’s, negotiations, adherence to policy/procedure.
- Interface with all internal customers related to budgets, deadlines and project completion.
- Engage Indirect supplier base, own the Indirect Supplier relationship.
- Support the selection and recommendation of suppliers.
- Approve PO write-ups and packages justifying source and price fair and reasonableness.
- Participate in internal/external audits as required.
- Evaluate root cause and corrective action plans with supplier on late delivery performance.
- Support established annual dept goals, objectives, performance metrics.
- Execute annual reviews for direct reports.
- Support annual salary planning and dept staffing.
- Solve problems of increased scope and complexity.
- Identifying process improvements and hard savings opportunities.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training to direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate degree and a minimum of y years of prior relevant experience.
- 9 years relevant Supply Chain experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, General Business Management.
- Prior Procurement Management experience preferred.
- Procurement Management experience.
- Negotiating skills.
- Change Management experience.
- Risk Mitigation experience.
- Presentation and Communications skills.
- Service Contract experience.
- Software Agreement negotiation experience.
- Computer Skills – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MRP/Procurement software tools.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $70,500 - $131,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.