Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: PCB Designer
Job Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Code: CS20202610-52211
L3Harris is seeking a PCB Designer for their Salt Lake City, Utah location.
The PCB Designer will design and create printed circuit board layouts from inputs received from engineering (electrical, mechanical). Job duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Place and route components ensuring that all electrical and physical specifications meet the specific design requirements for each PCB design.
- Ensure that all requirements for manufacturing and assembly are met.
- Develop and generate drawings and documentation to facilitate PCB fabrication and assembly.
- Rework PCB designs when engineering design changes occur and assist the design team with ideas to resolve issues.
- Perform drawings and documentation updates per the instructions of engineering changes requests.
- Create component ECAD library footprints and/or schematic symbols as required for design projects.
- 6+ years of experience in PCB design, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience in PCB design. An associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology and/or an IPC CID certification is desired.
- Competent skills and experience with ECAD software applications and related equipment. Specific experience with Mentor Graphics Xpedition® software is desired.
- Competent experience and knowledge of PCB design technologies, PCB layout techniques, electrical schematics, PCB fabrication and assembly drawings is desired.
- Practical knowledge of industry standards such as IPC for design and ASME/ANSI for documentation is desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.