L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The L3Harris corporate direct materials and subcontracts team is part of our strategic supply chain organization focused on leveraging the company’s scale and deploying best practices that achieve the best possible quality, technology, cost, working capital and delivery for our customers. We have a unique opportunity in our center of excellence for an experienced Principal, Subcontracts professional to apply his/her knowledge, experience and creativity to the way we strategize, plan, negotiate, execute and manage subcontracts, while building close partnerships with the L3Harris businesses and guiding a world-class supply chain organization utilizing Excellence Everywhere Every day (e3) principles.
- Serve as a corporate subject matter expert (SME) for subcontracts. Provide corporate subcontract review and support to internal program teams, including strategic viewpoint, assistance in resolving complex issues, and offering creative solutions
- Apply and refine best practice levers, techniques and tools for negotiating subcontracts including but not limited to SOW requirements, rate analysis tools, benchmarking, cost transparency, volume, schedule and strategic approaches to various contract terms
- Establish a strong network and foster early collaboration with business development, program management, category team members and key stakeholders across the enterprise. Engage and support internal customers up-front, during business acquisition and program kick-off
- Co-lead subcontract negotiations as requested for optimal cost, quality, schedule, working capital and technical performance. Utilize fact-based negotiation methods including should cost analysis to improve cost performance and risk assessments
- Utilize and teach subcontract negotiation workbook inclusive of best practice contract terms, and associated subcontract scorecard that monitors and measures the quality of subcontracts. Work with the corporate contracts team and IT to design, develop and deploy a subcontract lifecycle management tool
- Collaborate with the businesses to develop a corporate subcontract strategy that defines the top subcontractor capabilities, performance, strategic classification and relationship model. Meet regularly with the supply chain leadership team to review strategy and coordinate subcontract business reviews with preferred subcontractors that cross multiple business areas
- Drive continuous improvement with preferred and key subcontractors including cost savings initiatives, quality and delivery execution
- Travel approximately 25-50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Relevant experience must include negotiating and executing various types of moderately complex subcontracts including service, hardware, and development subcontracts as well as managing and negotiating with suppliers in the following subcontract types: FFP, FPIF, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursement, IDIQ, Master Terms Agreements (MTA)
- Experience with FAR / DFAR regulations
- Deep technical experience in performing RFP, cost and price analyses, source selection justification and contracting/terms and conditions
- Experience or understanding of Earned Value Management (EVMS) principles and Risk Identification and Management
- Experience strategizing to create and maintain preferred supplier management
- MBA or graduate degree in related field
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen balanced with technical aptitude
- Noteworthy continuous improvement projects demonstrating innovation and creativity
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise
- Project management experience and understanding of the project lifecycle and how to mitigate cost, schedule and technical issues during project execution
- Cost methodology and analysis in negotiations
- Six Sigma or lean certification and demonstrated success implementing greenbelt or blackbelt improvement projects
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.