Mechanical Engineer - Test, Associate
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Test, Associate
Job Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: CS20210704-59321
Relocation will be provided on a case by case basis.
Mechanical Engineer - Test, will provide a variety of technical duties related to the testing of state-of-the-art networked data links and subassemblies for L3Harris Technologies at our site in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Write test procedures for Environmental Testing
- Perform testing of equipment using environmental stimuli and instrumentation
- Develop, maintain test procedures and test plans
- Participate in engineering product design reviews
- Recommend design changes for new products
- Perform root cause analysis on failures
- Perform test system beta testing and verification
- Perform engineering level product debug
- Propose and manage test development projects, upgrades and maintenance
- Track, report on testing, debug, and engineering task status
- ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Mechanical Engineering skills
- Experience with Cryogenic Test equipment
- Experience with MilSTD-810 Testing Experience
- Experience with Project and team leadership
- Current and active Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.