Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Manufacturing Technician D "Master Electronic Test Technician"
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20211510-71037
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Master Electronic Test Technician
Job ID#: IMS20211510-71037
Job Location: SLC, UT (2645 South 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84115)
Performs testing and diagnosis of malfunctions on hybrids, circuit boards, major systems, units and boxes. Application of advanced electronic theory and use of schematics, detailed specifications and complex test procedures, with appropriate test equipment. Performs final test and/or diagnosis of malfunction of any electronic system. Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
- Sets up tests, calibrates, aligns, and troubleshoots hybrids, circuit boards, units, boxes, and major systems/test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, drawings, and specifications.
- Uses complex test procedures, schematics, detailed specifications, drawings, and test equipment to isolate and document test faults.
- Operates large vibration equipment.
- Operates shake console in conjunction with large shake table.
- Operates temperature, pressure, and tensioning, while performing tests.
- Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a US government issued secret clearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills.
- Associate degree in electronics technology, OR equivalent related work experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands on electronics testing related professional work experience required.
- Requires intermediate proficiency with MS Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables and Data analysis/mining).
- Prior experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Supplies, DMM, Impedance analyzers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Broad knowledge of electronics, test equipment, and troubleshooting skills.
- Acoustic test experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW.
- Completion of transducer testing theory training courses.
- Veteran with naval Sonar work experience is preferred.
- Manual dexterity and good balance to work in close quarters suspended over a large pond filled with water.
- Bending, stooping, and lifting daily.
- Regular lifting of up to 35 lbs. from the floor to a bench.
- Potential electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, greases, and soaps possible.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform