Manufacturing Engineer (Process/Materials Engineer)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer (Process/Materials Engineer)
Job Code: IMS20203008-50053
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Hours: first Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing engineering support to the powder-manufacturing department. Establish procedures and process controls to ensure quality cost-effective product.
- Provides powder formulations to production for all compositions.
- Reviews Electrical Tests, Processes, Raw Material Evaluation, Powder Lot, and Spray Dry Processing data and initiates corrective action in an expedient manner.
- Evaluates electrical sample data and releases instruction to production.
- Evaluates and develops process and procedures consistent with the company’s quality philosophy including the use of statistical process control.
- Evaluates and initiates new methods, processes, materials and equipment to ensure competitive position.
- Actively involved in generating manufacturing operations sheets in conjunction with production manager, materials planner and other engineering functions.
- Identifies existing and potential problems and initiates corrective action.
- Interfaces with other departments in a spirit of cooperation consistent with the overall objectives of the company.
- BS Ceramic Engineering, Material Science Engineering, or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of prior related industry experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience. Experience preferably in ceramic processing, powder formulation and processing, including broad knowledge of engineering and production practices.
- Candidate is be required to wear a half-faced filtered mask, safety glasses and applicable PPE prescribed and provided by L3Harris Corporation.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record and analyze process/part data to ensure compliance with product specifications.
Required Skills include:
- Can follow work instructions, take accurate notes, and fill out required paperwork.
- Knowledge of MS office and database management.
- Operate industrial machine and be able to keep accurate records.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.