Manager, Security Operations
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Manager, Security Operations
Job Code: TOM5
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Under the regulation of NSA manual 3-16 this key person is responsible for the management of communications security and cryptographic systems for Broadband communications. Tasks include managing the Comsec staff of three exempt employees to carry out the following functions.
- Audit and inspection of all COMSEC and CCI materials.
- Conduct of semi annual NSA inventory of all accountable materials in DIAS.
- Implement comprehensive COMSEC training and briefings.
- Manage electronic key management services (KMI).
- Support of user services including cryptographic and physical security of COMSEC equipment.
- Responsible for the receipt, transfer use and destruction of COMSEC items in accordance with established policy and NSA regulations.
- Track COMSEC requirements, ensuring implementation of approved processes, providing coordination of task/activation/deactivation of all equipment, status monitoring and reporting.
- Develop and maintain a Cryptographic Key Management Support Plan as part of the Cryptographic Support Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Coordinates services between military customers and the National Security Agency.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 9 years of related work experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 7 years of related work experience.
- NSA COMSEC Manager or Comsec Custodian course.
- Key Management Infrastructure KMI.
- Knowledge of DIAS system.
- SAP experience.
- Experience handling COMSEC material and equipment and a solid understanding of the security impacts related to the COMSEC program.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehending English. Must be able to respond to security incidents or infractions at any time.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.