Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20221606-84346
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Strategic Marketing & Communications
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Code: CS20221606-84346
The CS segment is seeking a Manager of Strategic Marketing & Communications for the company’s Broadband Communications Systems (BCS) sector, one of four sectors within the CS segment. The BCS sector, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, provides a wide range of C4ISR capabilities, including ISR data links, SATCOM modems, protected communications waveforms, and advanced ISR programs to defense and commercial customers in air, ground, sea, space and cyber domains, both domestically and internationally.
We are seeking an experienced manager of marketing and communications to lead, direct and oversee our marketing strategy and services across the sector. The individual will design, implement and monitor effective marketing and communications strategies to achieve our business goals and shape the organization’s brand in the marketplace. Our ideal candidate has a solid marketing and communications background with work experience managing a variety of projects in the aerospace and defense industry including; marketing strategy, media relations, press release activities, trade show and brand management and digital media communications.
The Manager of Strategic Marketing & Communications will be responsible for the collaboration, development, planning, and execution of strategic marketing and communications for the BCS sector's most critical pursuits and key programs. In this role, the candidate will serve as a strategic business partner to the sector’s senior leadership team, including BCS President, Business Development, Program and Strategy leads on key priorities for the business. The candidate will be responsible for the identification, development and implementation of capture/campaign marketing and communication strategies to support the strategic goals and business objectives of the sector. The candidate will support the development and execution of the sector strategy ensuring alignment and integration of plans, goals and messages.
She/he will partner with the larger Marketing & Communications and Internal Communications team to implement and report on internal and external communications that publicize relevant programs milestones, thought leadership and technologies that continuously differentiate L3Harris’ BCS sector in the marketplace. The primary objective for the candidate in this role will be to increase awareness of our programs and capabilities, and drive engagement with our content across both external and internal audiences. This position may be based in Salt Lake City, UT.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes integrated marketing and communication plans in support of the sector's key priorities
- In coordination with the CS segment’s Creative Partner Lab, oversees the development of the BCS sector’s marketing and communications content, including press releases, social media, program news, presentations, newsletters, talking points, announcements, as well as print and digital collateral materials (interactive, web, video, etc.)
- Coordinates closely with internal customers and key stakeholders to gain concurrence on marketing and communications goals and objectives and ensure full integration and optimization of content/deliverables
- Helps define, and adheres to goals/objectives, employs metrics, and applies best practices and lessons-learned for continuous improvement
- Coordinates with the trade show team and sector business development partners in coordination of technology demonstrations, messaging and media relations activities
- Supports sector-level campaign reviews to report out on the marketing and communications strategy and performance relative to the priority campaigns/pursuits underway
- Motivated self-starter and team player who is able to succeed in a fast-paced environment, and can maintain strong and steady performance when under pressure
- Excellent poise, with advanced interpersonal, presentation and written communications skills
- Ability to distill complex topics down to a simple, clear and concise messaging framework or narrative
- Able to create opportunities where they may not be obvious, and has an innate ability to motivate teams and customers to pursue those activities
- Strong writer and storyteller, adept at identifying and telling compelling stories
- Develops strong working relationships, both internal to the team and with key customer contacts
- Flexible and motivated self-starter who is highly accountable
- Skilled at developing and implementing plans, processes, procedures and standards
- Results-driven, impact player able to effectively operate within a shared services team
- Acts with a sense of urgency, with the ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities
- Collaborates to turn ideas into deliverables that meet business requirements
- Champion for the development of multi-channel content and reuse
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance Candidate
- Will have excellent oral and written communication skills, diplomacy, tact and the demonstrated ability to interact with executive staff and company senior leaders
- The candidate will possess a sound, practitioner's knowledge of DoD/Military staff actions with emphasis on strategic communications.
- Candidate must possess demonstrated initiative, creativity, resourcefulness and organizational skills to plan, integrate and execute multiple complex strategic communication initiatives involving key constituents, including: Congress, international, state and local agencies, internal and external publics, and the media.
- Occasional travel may be required
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Master's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, business administration or related business discipline
- Familiarity with the proposal process
- Aerospace & Defense and/or government services business familiarity
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.