Manager, Business Management System & Compliance
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211204-59589
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Manager, Business Management System & Compliance
Job Location – Salt Lake City, UT
Job ID – CS20211204-59589
L3Harris, Communication Systems-West (CSW) is seeking Quality Manager, Business Management System & Compliance (BMS&C). Do you want to join a team with the exciting opportunity to be a champion of cultural transformation? Then join us as our new Quality Manager who owns delivery of tangible value to L3Harris Broadband Communications Sector in achieving the "WHY" of AS9100 and CMMI. This transformation will be accomplished through the strategic and tactical integration of the Core and Supporting Business Processes with the industry standard Quality Management System requirements to become one Business Management System that is effectively implemented and continually improved.
- Development, implementation, leadership, and measurement of total quality management programs and Six Sigma initiatives to drive improvement ensuring internal, customer, regulatory, and 3rd party requirements are defined, measured, and continually improved
- Develop, implement, and monitor all key quality metrics, systems, and process-based procedures
- Improves the efficiency of the Quality organization through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement
- Lead a team of 11 people that successfully develops, implements, executes, and manages integrated, effective, efficient, process-based Business Management System supporting processes for Management Review administration, process based Internal Auditing, Corrective Action, Quality Systems Training & Awareness, and Control of Documented Information that deliver continual improvements in quality & compliance, and reductions in cost throughout the end-to-end value stream
- Builds a culture that reinforces compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and/or guidelines and conformance to international standards and internal processes and procedures
- Drives the reduction of COPQ
- Leads root cause and corrective action to address product and process non-conformances and compliance gaps, as required
- Single point of accountability for the continuous improvement of quality processes, measured through standard KPIs
- Manage quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements and pro-actively support engineering and manufacturing to meet or exceed requirements
- Work with Customers to ensure the highest level of quality throughout the value stream
- Develop and implement a company culture of personal accountability
- May conduct briefings with senior leaders
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required, based on business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required with a minimum of 10 years prior related experience.
- Experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations or Quality leadership experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level clearance
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to support contract manufactures
- Master's Degree in Engineering or MBA is preferred.
- Experience leading quality in a high mix/low volume based business model in the defense or space industry, specifically for electronic/communication defense systems is highly preferred
- Experience working with major aerospace prime and/or sub-prime manufacturer
- In-depth knowledge of quality and reliability methods and procedures for hardware and software systems as they apply to the aerospace and electronics industry including software, electro-mechanical assembly and test.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the practical application and implementation of the AS9100 requirements in the end to end business value stream
- Experience as a leader of critical business processes and initiatives and aligning them in an ERP based enterprise system
- Requires ability to communicate with leadership regarding matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve timely results
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including communication, facilitation, consulting, coaching, and influencingPresentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Highly collaborative style, capable of working across multiple functional areas to drive results
- Experience with Configuration Control management practices
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Understanding in coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.