Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20210104-59071
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Shift: Primarily 2nd shift. 2-3 p.m. start- 10 hour shift.
Candidate must be able to successfully wear a half faced filtered mask, safety glasses and applicable PPE prescribed and provided by L3Harris Corporation.
Required Skills include:
- Must have a High School Diploma or a state certified GED. Some post high school studies such as part of a trade/technical school, military experience or college/junior college studies is highly desirable, but not required.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- At this level, the successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience working in a production or industrial manufacturing environment. Machinist (CNC, VMC, Lathe, industrial grinder) experience required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience running automated/semi-automated production equipment/machines including; feeding stock/raw material, analyzing work in progress (WIP), performing visual inspections, performing trouble shooting and minor adjustments to optimize process flow and product performance.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record and analyze process/part data to ensure compliance with product specifications & tolerances (GD&T).
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances including GD&T.
- Set up and operate manual and CNC equipment.
General skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Team player but can work well individually, self-motivated
- Safety and Quality conscience
- Must be able to follow verbal & written communication from engineering, the Grinding Department supervisor and lead operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives work order and verifies that the components are correct
- Ensures work area, machine, and parts are cleaned regularly and are free from excess oil deposits
- Maintains good quality and production output
- Records measurements as per work instructions.
- Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, material properties, layout, and machining procedures.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.