Lead, Systems Engineering
Salt Lake City, Utah; Millersville, Maryland; Northampton, Massachusetts; Goleta, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20211702-56818
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
***Due to growth, we are hiring in one of several locations: Goleta, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Millersville, MD OR Northhampton, MA. This position could also be located close to an L3Harris office with 25-40% travel to Goleta, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Millersville, MD OR Northhampton, MA.
Join L3Harris a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. As Lead, Systems Engineer you will develop and lead acoustic system solutions for high-level customer needs. These systems involve deep ocean installations containing high channel count sensors, distributed power systems, and optical networks. The ideal candidate will have a background in maritime systems, though any candidate with systems engineering experience and a strong technical background may apply. The key elements of this position include aggregating top-level requirements from multiple sources, consolidating and developing a technical solution working with SMEs, and allocating and tracking those requirements to lower level subsystems and components. The candidate will lead an integrated product team (IPT) with customer and Government participation and will serve as the key technical interface alongside the program manager.
- Close and direct customer interaction and the ability to contribute to and shape solutions.
- Experience the full design cycle from proposal to design field-testing and installations all over the world.
- Work with program management and senior leadership to see and understand the financial performance of the program and overall business.
- Lead development projects involving circuits, embedded systems/software and high-level system design working independently and in a group.
- As Lead Systems Engineer, chair project meetings to manage project progress including project TPMs, SW metrics, Risk Management, project schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with engineering, program management, and business development to perform requirements analysis and high level conceptual and detailed design of systems involving marine sensing, data acquisition, telemetry, and tracking, particularly.
- Develop technical solutions applying marine acoustic principals including the sonar equation, and electronic and mechanical processes.
- Lead detailed design efforts both individually and in a group using analysis, modeling, and prototype testing.
- Apply field experience to assist in development of marine system installation techniques considering installation equipment to be used and physical configuration of the system.
- Perform analysis and trade studies to evaluate possible technical solutions using SolidWorks, Hydrodynamic modeling, LTSpice.
- Lead, and contribute significantly to proposal efforts.
- BS or MS degree in engineering or physics (Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of education).
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with analysis tools is required.
- Design experience and a strong understanding of electronic circuits, embedded design and optical telemetry are required.
- DOORS experience.
- Strong writing and presentation skills are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Previous DoD background preferred particularly former military, DoD contractor or government service.
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.