Lead, Project Management Depot Repair
Salt Lake City, Utah, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Title: Lead, Project Management Depot Repair
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Depot Repair Project Manager is responsible for establishing and providing ongoing management support for our satellite repair depots located at various commercial and military installations across the country. Our staff provides a comprehensive and customizable blueprint-model for all necessary space, tools & equipment, manpower planning, material planning, process flow and other applicable inputs to setup a successful repair depot. Repair depots are designed for strategically identified programs and hardware where supporting a specific TAT time is deemed critical.
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, terms, and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies, and business unit procedures.
- Establish the overall acquisition strategy; generating/implementing source selection competition plans; coordinating Requests for Information (RFI) in support of developing additional source lists; writing clear and concise Statements of Work (SOW) and identifying and managing baseline changes.
- Possess the ability to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) to all levels of management (internal to L3H and externally).
- Work effectively in a team setting with supporting organizations.
- Effectively balance program plans, risks, and opportunities with executable strategies to meet requirements on budget.
- Routinely lead programmatic/business reviews (PMRs, Status Tracking and Action Item Teleconferences, Cost and Schedule assessments, etc.)
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation strategies and/or corrective action plans.
- Understand Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and be able to manage subcontract cost and schedule while remaining within budgets and with acceptable quality.
- Comprehend complex program interdependencies and be able to provide clear consistent priorities to his/her subcontractors.
- Manage several subcontractors at any one time with the ability to multi-task and communicate on a daily basis for status reporting.
- The highest level of ethics and integrity are a must.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or Supply Chain and 9 years of Depot Repair experience in a DoD environment and or a DoD Prime/ Subprime contractor company.
9+ years using MS Office
Wiling and able to regularly travel 50% or more, throughout the United States on short notice
Willing to base in Salt Lake City, Utah
A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and 7 years direct experience would be a plus.
Preference given to candidates with 5 or more years’ experience working in Supply Chain Management.
Military Experience using our products, Six Sigma Black Belt, PMP, EVMP certifications: are all additionally preferred