Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Networking Systems Engineer
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20233001-96373
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Network Systems Engineer
Job Code: CS20233001-96373
Job Location: Salt Lake City-UT
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a Lead, Network Systems Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Salt Lake City facility.
The Lead, Network Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of military communications networks. The position will span initial concept development, detailed network schematic, hardware/software implementation, test, and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical understanding of TCP/IP networks and current products and technologies like enterprise grade routers, firewalls, and switches.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or other Engineering discipline with a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years prior related experience; an additional 4 years of relevant experience/education can be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Professional certification specific to the networking industry such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent.
- Active Top-Secret US DoD clearance is strongly preferred.
- Experience with HAIPE/TACLANE and other military COMSEC/CRYPTO equipment and procedures.
- Experience with tactical/military radio networks, like Common Data Link (CDL).
- Experience with Cisco Modelling Labs (CML) or Virtual Internet Routing Lab (VIRL).
- Professional certification specific to network design such as CCDA/CCDP/CCDE/CCAr or equivalent.
- Ability to operate as part of an engineering team, including knowledge of related disciplines.
- Ability to interact with senior customer organizations and personnel.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence, and to self-identify/pursue long-term interests.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) are required.
- Experience managing projects that include system integration, system verification, and formal qualification, including supporting integration and qualification events at customer locations.
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Experience in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, DOORs or similar tools.
- Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting, DNS, NTP, VoIP, QoS, and protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience with network and Next-Generation Firewall device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE and NGFW).
- Strong understanding of features like GRE, IPsec, DMVPN, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and multicast.
- Strong understanding of network security features like IP access-lists and stateful protocol inspections.
- Familiar with network management protocols, like SNMP, SSH, syslog, RADIUS/TACACS.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.