Lead, HR Business Partner
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20210904-59453
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Lead, HR Business Partner
Job Location – Salt Lake City, UT
Job ID – CS20210904-59453
- Serve as an HR Business Partner to support the Broadband Communications Sector in the areas of compensation administration, employee engagement, employee relations, learning & development, legal compliance, measuring & reporting, performance management, and staffing at all levels.
- Provide direction, counsel/coaching and business analytics that enables leaders to make sound talent decisions and promote employee engagement and healthy/positive/productive employee relations.
- Proactively work with the business to implement and strategically drive talent management programs to improve leadership capabilities, ensure succession planning, high potential identification and development objectives in achievement of overall business strategy. Bring creativity and innovative thinking to the process.
- Identify and diagnose issues proactively and develop, recommend and implement root cause solutions that enhance employee engagement/experience and business results in a timely manner.
- Participate and/or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Improve HR processes in support of the business to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters.
- Promotes high professional standards, positive interpersonal relationships and always demonstrates L3Harris values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, with a minimum of 9 years of experience as an HR Generalist of Business Partner, or a minimum of 7 years’ experience with an Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field or an MBA.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the organization in a positive and effective manner
- Adaptability, with the ability to successfully operate in a matrixed and environment
- Demonstrated experience coaching business leaders and facilitating organizational change.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Human Resources functions with a focus on retaining and developing talent.
- Project management experience leading teams to address complex issues.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met given frequent interruptions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and self-initiative - has a track record on delivering commitments.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.