Lead Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead FPGA Design Engineer
Job Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Code: CS20200909-50386
L3Harris is currently searching for a Lead Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer for their Salt Lake City, Utah location.
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design engineer with industry experience in digital communications, modems, networking, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Digital filters
- Industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
- FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (3.5 preferred)
- 9+ years FPGA design experience
- Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
- Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
- Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
- FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
- Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
- Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.