Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20211103-57972
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
This position will support development of a high-tech ceramic pilot production line. The process includes batching of powders and fluids, operating various machines, and repetitive assembly tasks. In additional support of the development efforts, the team requires a team member who can take joy and ownership in driving and maintaining cleaning and organization.
This position performs a wide variety of day-to-day duties, as determined by the team. Although the tasks will change day-to-day, ability to produce high quality craftsmanship on repetitive parts is imperative. A strong pride in daily organizing of several “sample libraries” of various ceramic powders and ceramic sheets is a requirement.
Heavy Metal Hazard: Product contains heavy metal oxides. Engineering controls greatly limit exposure, including PPE prescribed and provided by L3Harris Corporation. Job will occasionally require a half-faced respirator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and experience to implement and support 5’s + one
- Sample collection and retention from various process stages
- Maintain sample library of powder and sheeted tape
- Responsible to maintain housekeeping in pilot area, with full support of team
- Responsible to maintain organization in pilot area, with full support of team
- Must have the ability and interest to learn the nuanced TexCer process
- Support data capturing and recording, both virtually and physically
- Candidate must wear a half faced filtered mask, safety glasses and applicable PPE prescribed and provided by L3Harris Corporation.
- Handling parts with caution as products can be fragile and easy to chip.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record, and analyze part data to ensure compliance with product specifications and tolerances.
- Process, inspect, and handle completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications and work instructions.
General skills should include:
- Problem solving
- Team player but can work well individually, self-motivated
- Safety and Quality conscience
- Must be able to follow verbal & written communication from the Department supervisor and lead operators.
- Works well with little supervision.
Required skills include:
- Must have a High School Diploma or a state certified GED. Some post high school studies including trade/technical school, military experience or college/junior college studies is highly desirable, but not required.
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Excel) skills needed.
- Ability to set up and operate automated/semi-automated production equipment/machines.
- Ability to read drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to process parts.
- Must have prior working experience in a production, or industrial manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience running automated/semi-automated production equipment/machines including; analyzing work in progress (WIP), performing visual inspections, performing trouble shooting and minor adjustments to optimize process flow and product performance.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record and analyze process/part data to ensure compliance with product specifications & tolerances.
- Experience with ceramics, inks, slurry, kilns, tape casting, capacitor manufacture, and multilayer capacitors is highly desirable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.