Grinding Process Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Grinding Process Engineer "Senior Associate, Manufacturing Engineering"
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Hours: First Shift 6:30A.M.-7:00A.M. start time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing engineering support to the Grinding manufacturing department. Establish procedures and process controls to ensure safe production of a quality cost-effective product.
Initiates or design tooling and software support for the Grinding Area.
Knowledge of grinding machines, milling centers, surface grinders and machine tools.
Develops and maintains highly motivated and technically competent work force by employing good supervisory skills.
Evaluates and develops processes and procedures consistent with the company’s quality philosophy including the use of statistical process control and Lean Manufacturing.
Evaluates and initiates new methods, processes, materials and equipment to ensure competitive position.
Actively involved in generating manufacturing operations sheets in conjunction with the production manager, materials planner and other engineering functions.
Identifies existing and potential problems and initiates corrective action.
Interfaces with other departments in a spirit of cooperation consistent with the overall objectives of the company.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, or Material Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- **Must have an Engineering background-this is key**
- Must have experience in Machine shops (setting up/operating CNC machines), CAD/CMM programming, and Tooling setup.
- CAM experience would be nice to have.
- Industry experience in ceramic process engineering, including broad knowledge of engineering and production practices, computer language course work or equivalent, will be helpful
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to accurately measure, record and analyze process/part data to ensure compliance with product specifications.
Required Skills include:
- Can follow work instructions, take accurate lab notes, and fill out required paperwork.
- Knowledge of MS office and database management.
- Operate industrial machine and be able to keep accurate records.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.