First Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211803-58321
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
**First Shift** typical hours 6am-3pm
Job Title: Supervisor, Engineering Management (Manufacturing Supervisor)
Job Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Supervisoris responsible to oversee the activities supporting manufacturing of circuit card assemblies (CCAs), to various specifications. This individual is responsible to lead a team of manufacturing technicians, and assemblers, utilizing a variety of manufacturing and testing equipment. Common equipment includes robotic, semi-automatic, and manual devices. He/She will oversee work in progress (WIP) to meet schedule and cost targets, and act as a leader and mentor to manufacturing team members to help build skills and improve quality. A qualified individual must be capable of functioning in a highly technical environment, with good communications skills, while problem solving and interfacing with support disciplines such as production control, manufacturing, quality engineering, test engineering, and program management.
- Supervision over CCA manufacturing employees. Monitoring workflow, customer demands, and identify areas of opportunities for employees to perform at peak level
- Ensure daily throughput goals are achieved, while maintaining employee utilization, operation costs, and quality targets
- Coach and Mentor subordinates to complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies
- Oversee assembly procedures, equipment, and troubleshooting/debug processes
- Conduct regular performance evaluations for the team and goal setting
- Monitor attendance and support employee counseling, in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Administer employee paid time off, as well as overtime
- Ensure department's financial goals are met through timely completion of projects, process improvements, overhead reduction and other initiatives
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees
- Coordinate with production control and senior management, in order to maintain efficient and effective completion of manufacturing operations throughput
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and PCs is required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- 1 year experience in a supervisory or team lead capacity, supporting employee and process development
- 2 year experience with the ability to interpret drawings and process specifications
- 1 year technical and operational knowledge of assembling highly technical devices, hands-on experience a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Open to be trained on our people leadership philosophies, as well as our manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience with first time assembly, prototype development, and engineering product transition
- Experience and understanding of mechanical assembly and quality acceptance processes
- Certification from an accredited technical, military, or recognized manufacturing/electronics program AND 6 years related experience will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or equivalent enterprise management software
- A working knowledge of Theory of Constraints (TOC), Lean, and Six Sigma process improvement tools are desirable
- Active Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.