Finance, Supply Chain Compliance
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211304-59648
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
TITLE: Finance, Supply Chain Compliance
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT
This position will work a hybrid schedule that requires a minimum of 3 days in office per week. Relocation is not offered at this time.
L3Harris Technologies, Communication Systems West, is seeking a Supply Chain Compliance Specialist. This position reports to the Manager of Supply Chain Compliance at our Salt Lake City facility. Successful candidates in this position possess a unique knowledge that bridges Finance, Accounts Payable (AP), Procurement and Supplier Management. In this role, the specialist is responsible for assisting procurement professionals in ensuring proper and accurate payments on supplier invoices. While doing so, the specialist will also coordinate timing of events into the periodic sales forecast. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Finance, Shared Services AP and other procurement professionals. The ideal candidate possesses strong attention to detail, a persistent yet collaborative attitude and the ability to work autonomously.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with the complete procurement process
- Understand various contracting types and payment methods
- Ensure proper PO structuring for all contract types
- Monitor active invoices to diagnose and resolve payment issues
- Actively manage material sales forecast
- Pull and report material actual sales
- Work to resolve past-due items with buyers
- Validate system PO values for items
- Track all service POs and schedule timing
- Achieve and maintain positive working relationships with Shared Services AP, Finance, Compliance and Procurement Professionals
- Maintain knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) as applicable to job responsibilities
- Communication skills (written, verbal & presentation)
- Collaborative work style
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance, or closely related field
- 4 years professional experience with Accounts Payable (AP), Cost Accounting, or similar finance related experience.
- 4 years professional experience with Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
- 2 years professional experience working in a DoD/Government contractor environment
- 1 year professional experience with Government procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- 1 year experience with SAP, or other large ERP, financial tools and functions.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Experience dealing with DCMA, DCAA and other federal audit agencies
Experience with Supplier Management and PO issuing/ releasing
Experience with Sales Forecasting
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.