Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Experienced Manufacturing Technician - SWING/ Second Shift
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20211108-67343
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician - Swing Shift/ Second Shift
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT / USA-UT-Salt Lake City
SHIFT: Second Shift/ SWING Shift - Base pay + Shift Differential
Start time: 3:30pm
Schedule: 4x10 or 5x8
Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Fully proficient support individual contributor in a manufacturing environment.
- Works under limited supervision.
- May be a resource to other employees in areas of expertise.
- Assignments are moderately difficult requiring some judgment to execute work.
- Performs work with less detailed instructions provided and minimal peer review is required.
- Communicates with Engineering/Program typically within and outside the department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring explanation or interpretation to understand and reach agreement on execution of work.
- May be a resource to other employees in areas of proficiency.
- Work may be structured within identified boundaries and procedures.
- Follows established processes to complete tasks as well as using knowledge and judgment to complete tasks.
- Identifies problems and issues in straightforward situations.
- Resolves most issues within their work scope.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area which has moderate impact on the overall achievement of results for the team.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and may be required to participate in opportunities for improvement events.
- Work is of moderate scope, typically on larger, task-related activities.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills in a high mix/low volume/mixed maturity manufacturing environment.
- Read, interpret and understand drawings, schematics, wire tables.
- Work to written and verbal instructions.
- Obtain and maintain IPC certifications.
- Soldering skills a must.
- Obtain and maintain IPC certifications
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work Overtime, Weekends, Holiday if needed (Paid OVERTIME)
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
- 1 year experience with Soldering on a manufacturing production line
- 1 year experience reading and understanding full color drawings, schematics, wire tables.
- 1 year professional experience with written and verbal instructions.
Additional Preferred Qualifications (nice to have, not required)
2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.