Engineering Technician C
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID CS20210704-59331
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician C
Requsition ID: CS20210704-59331
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job Description: The Engineering Technician will work closely with Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, and System Engineering on existing and new products in a ESD FOD lab environment. This position is responsible for developing methods for electronic testing, including working with hardware and software engineers to develop automated tests and design test beds. The employee will receive on-the-job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently. The successful candidate will have daily electronics based responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Conducts debug operations on test beds and determines requirements to ensure the test bed is full functionality
- Develop test methods and algorithms
- Collaborate with software Engineering to create automations to ensure product is meeting design specifications
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences
- Collects and evaluates functional data to conduct real-time tuning adjustments to products, instruments or equipment
- Works with engineers in conducting experiments
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Perform continuous improvement projects targeting waste affecting product quality, cost, and schedule or other items of value to the business
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment at all times as detailed in company policy and procedure
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or military electronics program or recognized school.
- 2+ years experience in RF parametric testing and tuning preferred
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, layouts, wire lists, and prints
- Usually functions in a production factory environment or engineering laboratory with exposure to noise from machines, which may require certain personal protective equipment such as goggles and ear plugs
- Able to move medium weights
- Academic knowledge of electronics, mechanical, solid state technology, microprocessor and computer technology sufficient to function in fields of electronic technology
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.