Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Engineering Technician C "Acoustic Test Technician"
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID IMS20222311-93851
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Acoustic Test Technician C
Job Location: SLC, UT (2645 South 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84115)
Shift: 1st & 2nd (Primarily 1st shift, but we will need flexibility to work either shift as business requires) Primarily Swing Shift (2:30p.m.-12midnight).
Performs in water acoustic and electronic testing and diagnosis of malfunctions on sonar transducers and hydrophones, circuit boards, major systems, sub-systems and control boxes. Application of advanced electronic theory and use of schematics, detailed specifications and complex test procedures, with appropriate test equipment. Performs final test and/or diagnosis of malfunction of any electronic system. Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
- Understand and perform in-water acoustic testing and calibration of transducers in accordance with governing procedures
- Sets up tests, calibrates, aligns, and troubleshoots , circuit boards, units, boxes, and major systems/test equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, drawings, and specifications.
- Uses complex test procedures, schematics, detailed specifications, drawings, and test equipment to isolate and document test faults.
- Complete all paperwork accompanying hardware being tested including, but not limited to, travelers, material repair authorizations, factory acceptance test reports, material rejection reports, security markings, security audit trails, and test logs.
- Assist in creation of fixtures for mounting transducers during test.
- Assist in development of new test methods to increase accuracy, repeatability, and throughput.
- Troubleshoot to identify and resolve test problems and provide accurate and repeatable data.
- Operates thermal chamber system.
- Operates shake console in conjunction with large shake table.
- Operates temperature, pressure, and tensioning, while performing tests.
- Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies.
- Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
- Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a US government issued secret clearance. Active clearance preferred.
- Follow security standards set forth by security officer.
- Use of company-supplied safety equipment.
- Work in close quarters suspended over a large pond filled with water.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills.
- Associate degree in electronics technology, OR equivalent related work experience required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Requires intermediate proficiency with MS Excel.
- Prior experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, DMM, impedance analyzers.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Broad knowledge of electronics, test equipment, and troubleshooting skills.
- Acoustic test experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW.
- Completion of transducer testing theory training courses.
- Veteran with naval Sonar work experience is preferred.
- Manual dexterity and good balance to work in close quarters suspended over a large pond filled with water.
- Ability to swim
- Bending, stooping, and lifting daily.
- Regular lifting of up to 35 lbs. from the floor to a bench.
- Potential electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, greases, and soaps possible.
- Intermittent work outdoors.
- Year-long exposure to weather, temperature extremes, water, and ice.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.